One interesting aspect of Mirage is that each member brings a unique quality, talent and/or background
to the band. This contributes to the versatility of the band and keeps every Mirage performance unique
and fresh (something Mirage has been doing for 25+ years). For example:
- While performing with her sister, Cara has won several nationally recognized contests for song
writing. She holds a degree in music education and not only is a wonderfully talented singer but
also an accomplished violinist and guitarist.
- Brett previously has toured with country star Kimberly Cash, and also shared the stage with top
national touring acts - Night Ranger, REO, SpeedWagon and Cheap Trick.
- Craig’s grandfather played with the St. Louis Symphony for 30+ years. Craig earned his degree in
music from Loyola University.
- Lou, an original member of Mirage, spent many years teaching guitar lessons at Nottelmann
Music Company and played in his church’s praise band for several years. Lou handles the ‘day
of’ planning for Mirage and closely coordinates with each bridal couple.
- In his early years, Kurt enjoyed playing Dixieland and jazz with the Spring Avenue Jazz Band.
Kurt also takes care of most of the musical arrangements for the horn section.
Now retired, when not playing w/ Mirage, Kurt plays in a few other top St. Louis bands.
- Jason, the newest member of Mirage, plays both alto and tenor sax and flute as well. One of
Jason's personal musical highlights was performing with guest soloist jazz legend, Louie Bellson.
- Originally studying piano at an early age, Darren moved to the drums and taught private lessons
for years. Darren handles most of the initial inquiries and contracting for Mirage.
- Robert won several awards for jazz musicianship while earning his musical degree from UMSL.
Not only is he an accomplished trombone player, Robert takes center stage a few times
throughout the night singing a few songs and also wows the crowd with his wrapping skills.
- Mirage’s full time Sound Engineer, was the live recording engineer for the MTV documentary on
multiple Grammy winner, Nelly.
A few features offered by Mirage
- Numerous instrumentation options available (solo piano, jazz trio and more)
- Detailed planning assistance to take the guesswork out of managing your event
- Formal attire unless otherwise requested
- Master of Ceremonies (emceeing) as requested
- Wireless microphone for announcements, toasts, etc.
- Recorded music during breaks (when appropriate)
- Personally meet with each client one month before the engagement
- Personally be on site two hours before every event to ensure all logistics are worked out for the evening
- Coordinate with the Director of Catering/Banquet Manager, etc at each venue as well as the Photographer, Videographer, Event Planner and others as applicable
- Have a sound/light engineer at every engagement to ensure a quality performance pleasing to the ears and the eyes.
To truly appreciate the quality, versatility and fun that Mirage offers, call and make arrangements to see them perform live – you will not be disappointed.